When it comes to your hair, you deserve to be vain. Don’t let stories of dry hair psych you out from sporting that new bombshell color you saw in Vogue. You can get the look you love without sacrificing volume or silkiness by following these 5 tips.
1. Prepare your hair. Better to get ready in advance. 1) Try a mask or deep conditioner a few weeks before your hair appointment. 2) Use a clarifying shampoo the night before you have your hair colored. This helps fortify your hair while stripping it of residue from other products.
2. Select your champion. You want to be sure you have a stylist that uses quality product with conditioner. Dyes will dry your hair out. If you dye at home, you risk major damage.
3. Dry shampoo is your friend. Not only will it keep your hair clean and maintain volume between washes, dry shampoo can help you beat dull color by reducing the amount of washes between salon trips.
4. Your fork is key. Omega 3s are found in the cells that keep your hair hydrated. If you want your hair to stay as vibrant as it was on the first day it was dyed, your best bet is to make sure your scalp doesn’t get to dry. Start with salmon, avocado, or walnuts in your diet.
5. Treat yourself. Or your hair, that is. With a hot oil treatment, you can maintain that same shine for as long as you want to keep it.
For more of these tips, visit Vanity Hair Salon of Murfreesboro. 2018 Medical Center Parkway Murfreesboro, TN 37129 615.900.1232